A statistic realized by Oberlo shows that in 2021 there are approximately 2.14 billion global digital buyers. This impressive number interacts with all kinds of online stores. If you are at the beginning of the road or you want to move your store to the online environment, now is the ideal opportunity. In this article, I will present a simple e-commerce business model, more precisely, the one product store.
What is a One Product Store?
As you can probably guess from the name, a One Product Store typically has only one product for sale. This idea is very advantageous for someone at the beginning in the e-commerce field or for certain categories of products. One important thing to mention is that some big brands have only started selling one product. By doing this, they managed to focus their attention on branding and the target audience and after that, they expanded the business.
Examples of brands that started with only one product:
- Master of One
Advantages of a One Product Online Store
Having an online store that promotes a single product brings with it a number of advantages. Let’s take a look at these advantages.
- It will be easier for you to organize your time and tasks. If you are new to the e-commerce business, time will be a deciding factor. The simple fact that you will focus on one product will make it easier for you to implement your business plan and to learn new things
- Your store’s audience will be easier to target. You will be able to run ads that target the characteristics of buyers interested in your one product, versus targeting buyers of a specific vertical. This in turn means better ROAS on your ads.
- You can analyze information with less difficulty. With one product to worry about, you will have one product page design to experiment with. You will receive feedback and data for it and will be able to run layout experiments more easily.
- Managing one product store is more simple. If you have an online store with a large catalog you need to create collections/categories and product filters. In addition, if you own an online store that sells a wide range of products, you should also take care of organizing stocks and orders. Having an online store that sells a single product will make it easier for you to manage the inventory and you will invest your saved time into branding and optimizations.
3 examples of awesome One Product Shopify Store
An online store that sells a single product requires a lot of research in order to make the best decision. In the online environment there are already many stores that promote a single product and are a real success! Some examples:
- Canny Collar. This store promotes a collar that can be personalized as the customer wish. Specifically, the customer can mention every detail he would like to find in this product. The site is very well built and manages to focus on the strengths of the product
- Snooze. This company sells a product that help people fall asleep. More exactly, a portable white noise machine called Snooze. The design of the website is very attractive and presents the advantages of this product.
- Dryrobe. As you probably guess from the name, this store sells a robe that suits for people who love to spend their free time outdoor. The store is build to highlight the quality of the product and the importance of an active lifestyle.
In conclusion, there are a multitude of advantages that recommend opening an online store with a single product. And don’t forget, whenever you feel ready, you can expand your business with a new series of products. You are not limited to selling a single product.
Good luck with your Shopify Store and be sure to reach out if you need help!